March 04, 2017

IN A VASE 02



http://floral-focus.blogspot.com/2016/04/tulips-dafs-and-hyacinths.html



The garden is productive again.
Wish I were :-)



The garden is productive again.
Wish I were :-)







My Doulton Dragon Vase















A small palette knife oil I did some years back. I used it here as a backdrop for Doronicum stuck in a spice jar.








This is Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign@, which I prefer over the rosy/blue more common ones. Only this one refuses to spread in my garden, whereas the others are now all over the place.




I mixed all these and turned them into a pastel










This is on my kitchen window sill right now.

And these primula elatior are outside, in the midst of unraked leaves.




and the doulton dragon vase with an arrangement of sorts:



This post is for Cathy HERE

Below for Cathy from gardening in a city, my Hippeastrum 'Picottee', to show that the edges can be very red indeed. I have had these for about 8 years now,



More Amaryllis


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors and vase arrangements are so lovely and welcoming! True spring indeed!

Anonymous said...

Your artistic skils are more than a match for your photographic skills - absolutely delightful. What wonderful backdrops for your for your vases, Joanna.

Anonymous said...

You have got so many lovely flowers to look at, both indoors and out. Gorgeous photos too. :)

AlisonC said...

So many beautiful blooms. The yellow daisies have to be my favourites, though.

Kris Peterson said...

Spring has most certainly arrived in your part of the world! You have a lot of beautiful flowers to show off. The blue Pulmonaria (one of the many plants I can't grow here in Southern California) is exceptional as are the Iris. (Perhaps you can tell that I have a soft spot for blue flowers.) I love the photo collage showing the backlit Hippeastrum too.

Post a Comment