I've been too sick to blog for a while, but I am feeling slighter better now and very much missed the Monday Vase get-together. It will be so nice to go round and visit again. I really enjoy reading through the comments left on my blog last summer: so cheery and kind. That is what persuaded me to have a come-back, though probably not for long. |
I felt guilty cutting these dainty narcissi to put into a vase. Hope they last a bit indoors.
And below Hellebore "Potter's Wheel, For Linda, as promised.
This post is for Cathy HERE







13 comments:
@ Cathy:
Don't fret about my signing with a different name: I've chosen my middle name for a change.
Definitely an abundance of snowdrops!
I have been scrolling down admiring some of your other photos too, especially of the vases. They are truly stunning.
Oh, my, these are beautiful flowers! It's nice to know that spring is just around the corner for you. And, I'm glad you are feeling better, too.
@ Christine if you get here: your blog will not let me comment.
Loved the honest robust vase you are showing with the days. Might look good with the deeply tinted anemones too ?
Thank you so much for posting pictures of "Potter's Wheel." What a beauty with both the green and yellow in the center, and such a pure white. I love double snowdrops; they have spread the best for me. And I am always looking at tiny daffs and that little light yellow one is a charmer. Your post makes me remember that Spring will get here too, just a little later than in your garden.
You have clearly been very poorly and we all hope that you really are on the road to recovery now. Your snowdrops are divine - and I guess you are responsible for that clever first picture! Your narcissi should last up to a week in a vase, I would think, if picked in bud, so you should be enjoying hem for a good few days. Thanks for sharing
@ Cathy : you can have little idea what this comment and this community mean to me. I have been in a very dark place and this is already helping. Getting my head around flowers and photographs again and having to arange the vase - it has been a godsend. I am already thinking about next week's vase :-)
Wonderful photos and the bulbs are just lovely, it was a pleasure to see all.
I'm glad to see you're back but very sorry to hear that you've had serious challenges with your health. I hope you have a good path forward there. I've missed your collages and the beautiful arrangements you've always produced. Your snowdrops, hellebores, narcissi, and cyclamen don't disappoint. I hope to see more of your lovely flowers in future weeks!
Your snowdrops are spectacular. Such a lovely planting of them you have and a generous collection of them in your vase. Best of luck to you as you continue to recover. Gardens, flowers, blogging are all good ways to find cheer. susie
What beautiful photos and collage! Flowers can work wonders, as can Cathy's meme, so I hope you will make it next week too! :)
So many gorgeous Spring blooms. I love snowdrops and Christmas roses. Spring is my favourite season.
Have a lovely week and wishing you a speedy recovery :)
Oh wow! You not only have an abundance of snowdrops but beautiful daffodils and hellebores too. The snowdrops look stunning en masse in a wineglass - hopefully mine will bulk up enough over time to allow me to do the same. Potters Wheel is absolutely gorgeous too. Sorry to hear that you have been so unwell. Hope you make a good recovery.
Post a Comment