My world is white at the minute: shrubs, roses, plants, greenhouse treasures: all white.
This rose is R. Adelaide ' Orleans, a.k.a. Leopoldine d'Orleans. Dating back to 1826, when Monsieur Jacques, the gardener to King Philipe of Spain, formerly the Duc d'Orleans, crossed two unknown old species or wild roses to produce this lovely climber. There were not many hybrid tea roses at the time. |
White lupins are gallivanting through the garden. I don't mind and let them do what they like.
The Mock Orange [ Philadelphus] is still in full bloom this week. There are various kinds. The one I like best is P. aureum, with yellow leaves and small flowers with an incredible scent. The one I used here has larger flowers, but they are losing a bit of their perfume. |
Such delicate richness - so pure. They make walking through the garden a delight.
I can't bear to think that in a little while these huge shrubs will be a dark green. Their leaves are ugly - no denying that. |
the scent that greets me
on my path is fading
as the petals drop
their loss will drab
the weeks ahead
The two roses below I bred myself. They are unnamed and will remain so, as it is now too expensive to register roses. Besides, what's the point? I have no intention of selling or even showing them. Those days are gone. |
And now for a bit of extravaganza in multiple vases to finish off with.
This is for Cathy
HERE
21 comments:
These flowers are all lovely. The interesting leaves create nice movement in the first one.
I love the simple white vase you began with and then the show just got better and better.
Stunning whites of all sorts including the white streaked foliage!
Yes, that first vase is particularly stunning, and the way you photograph it just adds to the effect So stylish - thanks for sharing
Your assemblage of vases is beautiful and the idea of lupines gallivanting through the garden is a delightful image.
Hello, they are all lovely white blooms. Beautiful images. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!
Dear Joanna - these are stunning! I'll open this week's Flower Wednesday in 1,5 hours - do hope you join in!
Lovely Joanna and thank you 💕
hallo, hallo hallo, my dear friend, excellent flowery at your side! P.
so beautiful a post :)
Traumhaft schöne Blüten !
♥liche Grüße
As everyone says - the first vase is a stunner! I loved your story about Adelaide d'Orleans. So glad to have been introduced and have now checked her out at David Austin - what a star, as is the philadelphus. And then more pleasure (and lovely photographs) to follow!
Lovely flowers !!
An explosion of beautiful flowers! :-)
Beautiful photos. I absolutely love the White lupin. Gorgeous roses too. I'm always sad when they are not repeat flowerers. Enjoy your day. B xx
Lovely flowers and photos. Love the white lupin and the philadelphus its one of my favourites:)
Your photos are stunning. What wonderful roses you have. I have had a little success with rose cuttings but never tried crossing them before. Your creations are lovely.
We have the small mock orange in our garden and it does have the most amazing scent. Waiting patiently for it to bloom.
Have a wonderful flower filled week :)
Gorgeous images - so glad you came by to share them
Oh my, I'm speechless, something that rarely happens.
Stunning - everyone of them.
Fabulous Joanna, your world of white is stunning, all flowers are elegant and pure. Thank you so much for sharing.
Post a Comment