Mostly Wisteria
The garden overwhelms me with its beauty.
Knowing how ephemeral flowers are, I walk round and round, covering miles during the day, not to miss a moment of these days of glory.
This variety of Japanese Wisteria Rosea is one of the rare pink varieties and is fully hardy and withstanding temperatures down to circa -15 C
It is known as Wisteria Sinensis Rosea "Pink Ice" or Japanese Wisteria Floribunda Honbeni
As with all Wisteria varieties the best way to encourage prolific blooming in late Spring/early summer is to prune them back after flowering, really you can’t go wrong with the pruning – as even a hardy trim back will encourage a spurt of growth and lots
of flowers in the next season.
I always find this climber difficult to photograph. The flowers are so hidden behind the foliage.
Masses of them. I can see them better from the inside through the window, but never manage to get a good picture that way.
Spent hours on it this time, to pay it my respect as the flowers are so special.





4 comments:
These flowers are gorgeous, and the photographs, equally stunning.
Lucky you who can grow these wonderful, wonderful climbers!
That's a gorgeous wisteria; I'm surprised you say to prune in directly after flowering as it usually done lightly in summer and then again cutting back to two buds in winter. My Wisteria W. sinensis 'Prolific' has its main flowering before the foliage appears and then after about a month continues to flower in a less abundant manner all summer.
You photos have made them very special, great shots! I love the scent of wisteria, and blooming in profusion they are a glorious sight. Thank you so much for sharing with Today's Flowers, and I wish you a very happy day :)
Post a Comment